Casino Software Providers
When you’re browsing the net you’ll come across lots of online casino sites. Each of them has lots of bonuses and games to offer, but the thing is, it hasn’t developed any of the games. In other words, the online casino software belongs to other companies that specialize in that area. These companies are called casino software providers and they make sure the game portfolio of casino sites remains stacked with the latest titles regardless of they’re slots or table games. These providers also provide operators with back-office solutions so the operators can keep the players engaged.
Before we go into which is the best online gambling software safe online casino site, let’s go over a bit of history.
The History of Casino Soft Development
Long before casino games software existed, casino sites were a distant idea in the corners of the imagination. Casinos were land-based establishments and some of the oldest ones are still around. In other words, casino enthusiasts would visit such establishments to play their favourite games. Usually, these were table games like roulette, poker, blackjack, baccarat, and more.
With the rise of technology slot machines evolved into a popular casino game so slot machine developers started popping up. Slot machines became a part of the casinos’ game selection. As the technology evolved further, the idea of making online casino sites came to fruition. That’s how the first casino sites came along.
Some of these operators are still online. One of the earliest ones is the 888 brand and it offers a casino site, an online poker room, several bingo brands as well as a sports betting site. But it doesn’t rely on old technology that was used back in the day. This operator has access to cutting-edge technology nowadays to enhance the casino experience for its users.
Back in the day, you had to download some software to access your favourite online casino. This is what the technology at the time was limited to, but nowadays you don’t need to concern yourself with this. That technology is obsolete. Online casino software providers make sure their games are available to players with just a few clicks so all you’ll need is a device that can connect to the net to enjoy some casino games.
Largest Casino Software Providers
The best online casino software providers get their games from are at the top for a reason. They have knowledge stemming from many years of experience and take their time when making a title. They mix that with the latest technology and provide players with amazing games. Here are several such providers:
- NetEnt - As expected, NetEnt appears on the list of the biggest casino software companies because of its huge portfolio of games. Their slots are superb because of their design and mechanics which include progressive jackpots. Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst are only 2 of the games that this provider is known for.
- Microgaming - Microgaming casino software is also a common sight at online casinos. Although Microgaming can be considered as one of the older developers since it was established in 1994, it has lost none of its potency and has used its experience and market knowledge to be where it is today.
- Novomatic - This is another old-school provider that began its story in 1980. It boasts some of the best online casino software not just across online casinos but across offline ones as well. The Book of Ra slots is what this provider is famous for, but there are a plethora of other games it offers.
- RTG - Real Time Gaming is another one of those providers that started out in the 90s. This casino software provider also offers a variety of games to both operators and players and makes sure each one is made properly from start to finish.
- Playtech - Playtech casino software is present at the majority of online casino sites. It offers players sleek graphics and engaging mechanics with its software. When it comes to real money slots, it has several popular ones like the Terminator, Age of Gods, Justice League, and other ones.
- IGT - Considering how long this provider has been in the industry, you can safely say that it’s one of the granddaddies of modern casino game software. They boast a large number of games which you’ll see across several casino sites. Regardless of which IGT title you go for, you won’t be disappointed.
- Scientific Games - It’s only natural for Scientific Games to appear on this list of providers as they have been in the industry for over 85 years. This is why they also have a wide selection of games to offer including table, slot, and lottery games that you’ll see as parts of game collections of multiple casino sites.
- EGT - Last, but not least, we have EGT on the list of the largest casino software developers. Just like the previous ones on this list, it’s a provider with plenty of years of experience and has a huge portfolio of amazing games to offer.
New, Modern, and Fresh Developers
The top providers stay at the top, but they aren’t the only ones that provide excellent Internet casino software. In other words, there are some new providers that are looking to make a name for themselves by providing fresh games that enhance the casino gaming experience. These are some of them:
- Yggdrasil - Although Yggdrasil was founded back in 2013 it made a name for itself pretty quickly since its games are quite popular nowadays. Smooth mechanics and stunning visuals are things that you can expect from their games. That’s why it’s one of the prime slot game developers.
- Betsoft - Betsoft is a bit older than Yggdrasil, but that doesn’t matter as this provider offers quality slots as well. Their portfolio consists of over 200 games and although it’s a modern provider, you’ll see a bunch of their games at online sites. Think of the Slotfather series for example.
- Big Time Gaming - BTG or Big Time Gaming is another modern provider of software casino online. They are famous for their Megaways games which include the mechanic of the same name. Despite these kinds of games, they offer a variety of slots with superb graphics and engaging mechanics.
- Push Gaming - Push Gaming is another casino gaming software provider that’s relatively new on the scene. Despite that, it has some amazing titles to offer and you’ll be able to see and enjoy them on several casino sites as both operators and players are fond of them.
- Quickspin - As is the case with all the other providers on this list, Quickspin is also relatively new to the scene having been founded in 2011. Quickspin casino software is synonymous with innovative games that have entertaining features and high-quality graphics making their games hard to miss when you’re going over an operator’s game selection.
- Relax Gaming - If you’re looking for fresh and exciting casino games then Relax Gaming is your best bet. They offer a variety of casino titles including slots, poker games as well as some bingo games. Since they have access to cutting-edge technology it’s no wonder their games are top-of-the-line products despite the fact that this is a relatively new provider.
- Thunderkick - Thunderkick is a slot provider that values quality over quantity. This means that they don’t have as many games as other fresh providers, but they make sure to offer quality titles to the operators and players. That’s how they’ve left the mark in the world of online casino gaming.
- Habanero - You can’t have a list of fresh slots developers without mentioning Habanero. This is another modern provider that boasts a portfolio of high-quality games. A huge chunk of that portfolio is made up of slot games, but there are some table and video poker games. You’ll find them across multiple internet casinos.
Live Casino Games Software Providers
It’s true that slots take up a big part of the online gaming industry. Table games are also quite popular, but so are live casino games. Because of that, there are some providers that besides casino software solutions offer a portfolio of live casino games. Here are some of those providers:
- Evolution - This is one of the providers that can be considered a top live casino provider. That’s because Evolution offers a variety of live games such as blackjack, roulette, poker, and other interesting live titles like live Monopoly, Sic Bo, Dragon Tiger, and others.
- NetEnt - NetEnt casino software is versatile which means this provider doesn’t only have slots and table games to offer, but live titles as well. For those that one to enjoy a more realistic casino experience from the comfort of their homes, they can try out NetEnt’s live blackjack, roulette and baccarat variants.
- Pragmatic Play - Pragmatic Play is a provider that’s well-known for the quality of its games. It has a variety of them to offer and among its selection, there are several live titles that players can enjoy. These include the likes of Mega Roulette, Dragon, Tiger, One Blackjack, Mega Wheel as well as other titles.
- Ezugi - Ezugi is another provider that focuses on live dealer games. Its portfolio is made up solely of these kinds of casino titles. That’s why you’ll see several variants of Teen Patti, 32 Cards, roulette, blackjack, and other popular table games listed in their game collection.
- BetGames.TV - When it comes to a list of live casino game providers, it’s no wonder that BetGames.TV makes it on this list. The list of games of this provider includes various live games such as Lucky 7, 6+ Poker, Andar Bahar, Baccarat, Wheel of Fortune, and others. You’ll find these quality titles at many casino sites.
- Asia Gaming - Asia Gaming is another prominent live casino game supplier. Besides classic live games like blackjack and roulette, it also offers some Asian live casino games like Dragon Tiger and Sic Bo. Other titles include Win Three Cards, Bull Bull, and many more. These titles are scattered across various online casinos.
- Vivo Gaming - Vivo Gaming is known for its versatile game portfolio when it comes to live casino games. With that said you can expect both American and European roulette available, as well as Caribbean Stud Poker, Sic Bo, Craps, Live Bingo, and other popular live casino games.
- Visionary iGaming - Although it’s the last live casino games provider, Visionary iGaming is a sight to behold since it makes sure that its games take the iGaming industry to the next level. With its portfolio of games, it offers players and operators several blackjack, roulette and baccarat variants for USA online casinos.
Safe Gambling Software - How to Check
The thing about online casinos is that they have to be licensed to operate. The same goes for the providers. There are gambling authorities that deal with this kind of issue and they test a provider out before giving it a license. Once all the tests are passed the provider will get a license.
You can even make sure a provider has a license by checking for it. Usually, you’ll will find an indication of a license at the bottom of the homepage. When you see this, you’ll know that the provider is legit and you can trust the products they offer.